The Furuno FELCOM 15 consists of an antenna and display unit with the keyboard. The display unit embodies a 10.4 color LCD and processor unit. The distress alert button is incorporated in the display for an emergency. Data files and utility programs on floppy disks are easily loaded into the processor through the front-loading disk drive in the display unit. The compact design of the display unit and omnidirectional antenna unit offer space-saving installation. An optional GPS module is available for position reporting without the operator’s intervention. GMDSS compliance can be achieved by adding a printer and an AC/DC power supply unit.
Furuno FELCOM 15 Standard Features
- Full coverage of Inmarsat-C services: EGC, Internet E-mail, distress message handling, polling, and data reporting
- General data exchange, telex, etc.
- GMDSS compliant with optional printer, AC/DC power supply unit
- Shipborne LAN connection by Ethernet 10Base-T
- 10.4 COLOR LCD Display Unit for improved legibility of incoming and outgoing messages
- GPS position reporting
- Remote distress alert unit
- Two-component system allows easy installation
- Optional software for Windows PC to run E-mail/Telex
- Optional internal GPS module