The Most Advanced DGPS Navigation System
Building on the success of the MX412B navigator, the MX420/8 system establishes itself as the world’s best type-approved navigator by integrating DGPS technology with Leica’s already world-famous GPS marine navigation system.
More functions and capabilities over the MX412B mean that you will navigate more easily and accurately. A smartly designed and compact control and display unit allows one-button access to essential navigation data. User-friendly features include the Edit function, last-used menu memory, and automatic satellite acquisition.
Other features included on the MX420/8:
- Eight bi-directional NMEA 0183 ports (2 with the MX420/2 model)
- DGPS integration
- Single or dual redundancy
- Astonishing 1 meter accuracy with Leica’s MX421DGPS beacon receiver
- 10 different function modes for easy navigation
- GOTO, Mark, and Man Over Board one-touch function keys
- Tide program, Sun and Moon almanac, wind calculations
- 3-D Panorama display mode
- Up to 2000 waypoints and 100 routes, with icons and alphanumeric characters
- Software is IBM compatible, with the ability to print or download more data
- MX420/8 software upgradeable for AIS
MX420/8 has been replaced with MX512 CDU.