The GN70 is a great addition to the current range of IMO compliant Simrad Global Navigation Systems engineered for today’s professionals. The GN70 has a colour display and is designed to work together with a range of existing IMO type-approved GPS smart antennas and GPS compasses.
- Convenient data interface using SimNet and NMEA 2000
- Network including simple plug-and-play connectivity to other N2K enabled systems
- Rotary knob for easy ‘push to enter’ functionality
- IMO compliant
- Dedicated hot keys for position, navigation, heading, AIS and MOB for easy access
- LAN can be used to output NMEA 0183/IP messages
- 5” bonded display for clearer, fog-proof operation
- 16-bit color TFT display provides wider viewing angle
- GN70 can be used with a GPS compass, which has dual IMO compliance certification for use as a primary position AND heading device
- GN70 can also be used with the HS80 GPS Compass
- External RTCM correction for DGPS mode with optional MX610JB junction box.
The GN70 is a versatile global navigation system that offers a NMEA 2000 (N2K) interface for easy plug-and-play connection to high performance modules such as the AP70/80, Class B-AIS, and other navigation systems that are N2K enabled. The GN70 can be used as a single display, or multi-unit redundant displays. The NMEA 2000 interface means the user can change things like backlight settings across all Simrad NMEA 2000 capable electronics on the bridge, or switch to a different heading source all from the GN70 display.
GPS Antenna Options
The GN70 is an IMO type-approved navigation system with the MX521A or MX525A/MX5B D/GPS antenna (via the MX610JB –NMEA 2000 to NMEA 0183). The GN70 is also compatible with the HS80 and MX575C DGPS compasses (via a N2K connection or through the MX610JB).