FURUNO NX-700 is a dual-channel NAVTEX receiver for SOLAS ships complying with the new NAVTEX performance standard MSC.148(77) which is implemented on and after 1 July 2005.
The NX-700 can receive two channels simultaneously. One is set for 518 kHz to receive international NAVTEX messages and another is selectable from 490 or 4209.5 kHz for domestic or local NAVTEX messages. These messages include a variety of safety information such as Navigational Warnings, Meteorological Warnings, Search and Rescue (SAR) information and other information for ships sailing within the reach of each service station’s coverage. The broadcast station can be selected automatically according to own ship position when the NX-700 is connected with a GPS navigator.
Every incoming message is stored in non-volatile memory and is displayed on a clear 5″ silver bright LCD. Three different font sizes are available and can be selected from the menu.
The NX-700 has a low profile, stylish display, receiver, and antenna units. An external Serial (RS-232) printer can easily be connected for message printing. Another model, the NX700P, is also available which incorporates a built-in printer. The compact, umbrella-type H-field antenna requires no grounding. In addition, the antenna incorporates a high-performance preamp within the compact body, which gives reliable and uninterrupted reception without an extra whip antenna.
- Fully meets new IMO resolution MSC.148 (77) to be implemented on and after 1 July 2005 requiring
- Dual-channel reception, 518 kHz and either 490 or 4209.5 kHz, simultaneously
- Incorporates a printing device (NX-700A) or a dedicated display device with printer output (NX-700B)
- 200 message of an average length of 500 characters can be stored in non-volatile memory
- Incorporates a preamp within a lightweight, compact antenna for reliable, uninterrupted reception
- Display messages on a clear 5″ silver bright LCD
- Low power consumption
- NAV data display acts as NMEA repeater for GPS or instruments
Standard Equipment List
- DISPLAY UNIT: NX-700A
- RECEIVER UNIT: NX-7001
- ANTENNA UNIT: NX-7H
- STANDARD INSTALLATION MATERIALS
- STANDARD ACCESSORIES
- STANDARD SPARE PARTS
- MAST MOUNTING KIT: CP20-01111
- CABLE ASSEMBLY: DSUB25P-DSUB25P-3M / DSUB25P-DSUB25P-5M / DSUB25P-DSUB25P-10M / DSUB25P-DSUB25P-15M
- L-ANGLE MOUNTING BASE: NO. 13-QA310
- RIGHT ANGLE MOUNTING BASE: NO. 13-QA330 (300)
- HANDRAIL MOUNTING BASE: NO. 13-RC5160
- ANTENNA CABLE EXTENSION KIT (10/20/30/40/50 M): OP04-2 10/20/30/40/50 M
- FLUSH MOUNT KIT: OP08-19
- AC/DC POWER SUPPLY UNIT (110/220 VAC -> 24 VDC): PR-240
- ARMOURED COAXIAL CABLE (30/40/50 M): RG-10/U-Y 30/40/50 M
- RECORDING PAPER (57MM X 30M): TP058-30CL